Thursday, January 23, 2014

Faithfully Essential

Over the last few weeks I've been focusing on devotion in my life.  I have been fasting (only water for beverages, nothing else) and praying (attempting to be diligent in that) for what 2014 holds for me.


Faithfully Essential
Trusting that God is true and constant in providing the very basic, important and necessary needs for my family.

faith·ful - adjective \ˈfāth-fəl\

: having or showing true and constant support or loyalty
: deserving trust : keeping your promises or doing what you are supposed to do

es·sen·tial - adjective \i-ˈsen(t)-shəl\

: extremely important and necessary
: very basic

This is what I have finally put together.  My life in the last few years has been about finding ways to care for my family in natural, healthy ways.  We try to eat real food and truly limit the amount of processed food we consume.  My cleaning, laundry, personal care products are specifically chosen because I know they're toxin free.  When my husband's gingivitis can be managed simply because of the mouthwash I buy, I will continue buying it.  Healing psoriasis that was leaving scabby patches on my daughter's scalp, making her lose hair simply by making sure I buy safe shampoo.
I began the journey looking for options.  'Lord, what do I do?' is exactly what I said.  WHAM!  Melaleuca, in my lap.  Needing help with perimenopause at 30 and seriously all I had to do was remember to take my vitamins.  My doc wanted me on hormone replacement therapy.  Anyone that has dealt with medical issues KNOWS that the list of side effects for medicine far outweighs (I believe) the benefits of the medication.
I came across an article a few weeks ago.  I don't remember where it is now but here's the basic gist.  When you are faced with a health obstacle never rely on your doctor to understand everything about the situation.  Your doctor sees dozens of patients a day, hears about hundreds of health issues in a week and spends 20 minutes a month (every six months, a year) with you to determine a course of action.  Do you honestly think your doc knows enough about your environment, the health issue and how the two react for your case to treat it perfectly?  Please, leave the delusions at the door.  Whatever the health issue, you, the patient should know more about it and how it is affecting you than the doctor.  Go in to him with research, questions, options, options, options and be your best advocate.
Two cases.
Me - hormone imbalance.  I (seriously, truthfully here) researched it for about four years before a doctor would finally believe me and submit for the testing and evaluations I requested.  The doctors response when my results came in?  "In looking over these results I noticed that many of the things you talk about fall under symptoms.  It appears you have been dealing with this for a while then, haven't you."  Then the next step was "here's a prescription" for unnatural, further harmful medication.
My neighbor - prostate health issues.  Approximately six years ago my neighbor started taking prostate medication for the 'typical male, aging health' issues that arise.  Thanksgiving-Christmas 2012 was spent in Russia working on farm equipment.  He came home and just had some general health struggles.  Always tired, chest crud that would not go away and spent three months trying to recover from being in a country where nutritionally and physically he was just worn out.  After watching him struggle and hearing about him being in and out of the hospital I gave him a bottle of vitamins to "try" to see if they would help him rebuild his health.  Slowly he began to regain some of what he lost.  Come to this fall and he begins to question me about the shortness of breath, fluid retention (edema), general tiredness and other things he's dealing with.  Doc sent him to cardiologist, tests, talk of more meds but there's no definitive reason behind any of these issues as he really seems healthy as a horse.  So I start researching this prescription he's on for his prostate.  List of side effects??? Take a guess!  All the things he is dealing with - seriously - dead on the nose.  After six years the meds were catching up with him.  How the prostate meds work is to relax muscles - not only will it relax the appropriate muscles but it cannot discriminate and will diminish the lung muscle capacity.  So, we started researching herbal and natural options.  To my glee I easily found a supplement for him to try.  Within two weeks he was seeing improvements in his health!

So, long story, short point.
Whatever you're facing ask God to guide you.  Maybe He has guided you here so that you can ask me questions.  Maybe you're here so that you can begin researching on your own what you're dealing with and what the options are.  Maybe you're here so that you can have peace in knowing that what you're doing is the right thing.
I asked God for a healthy way to care for my family.  He sent me Melaleuca.
I asked God to further show me essential oils and how they can bless my family.  He sent me Young Living.

Faithfully Essential
Trusting that God is true and constant in providing the very basic, important and necessary needs for my family.
 
Deo Volente my friends.
Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment